Thursday, April 24, 2008

Supplies


 Today we went to Joann's to get a few things.  Maya's been watching me make the blossom fairies and wants one. The one's I'm making for the May Faire are about 3 inches and I want to make her's about twice that. So I needed to find cotton jersey for the head.  While I was looking I stumbled upon the eco friendly fabric section. Which I didn't even know existed. There were, at the most, 10 different fabrics. Man, I was so excited and my search stopped there.  There was a mix of bamboo and organic cotton. I got a little of both. One in brown and the other in an olive-y color. I wanted to get the pretty teal and pink but don't have a use for it right now. And they both had a little stretch to them and that's not something I usually work with. If I'm on my sewing machine I'm mainly piecing together blocks for quilting or pillow cases. But at least I know now that I have that option. Yay. Those 40% off coupons will for sure come in handy now.
 And of course Maya thinks we are always shopping for her (I guess we are) so she wanted to take something home she could work on. I found cute little picture holders she could paint. And when they were finished she asked me to take a picture of her with them. She's so proud.

No comments: