Monday, April 28, 2008

La Jolla






 Today Maya and I went to Lean and Green to eat. Yum. Most of the stuff I can make at home but it's nice not to.  Plus my house gets soooo darn hot. I don't like to be there during the afternoon if it's 80+ freakin degree's in April! 
 After lunch we cruised around the block and went down to the beach. There was so much parking and hardly any people there. Maybe because it's Monday. We saw lots of seals, squirrels, beetles, and lots of boats hanging of the side of a building! I don't know how long that's been there but I've never seen it before.
 Anyways, back to the seals. I've heard that seals have a bark but I've never actually heard it until today. There was this one that sounded exactly like a dog. He or she was barking at another for space or something.  There were lots of little pups too. We got to see them follow mama into the water. And they haul booty! I was trying to film one but every time I started [S]he stopped. 
 We had fun but Maya isn't really much of a beach person. She likes to go to the beach but not near the water. We got home and she said in her little dissapointed voice "Aw, Mommy, we forgot the beach toys." I told her we would go back to the beach tomorrow. I need to even out the tan on my back anyways!

No comments: