Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Maya's Birthday Weekend






 My Mom flew in from Wa and we rented the same condo on the bay as we did last year for Maya's birthday. It turned out pretty good. We invited a few of Maya's good friends and Israel's posse. His close friends have been to every party of hers. They were in charge of the bbq which of course got off to a late start which made the cake and presents kinda late and some guest had to leave before we did that.  But it was good. I didn't get too many pics but our friend films her birthday every year so we'll have that.  We made yummy gluten free cupcakes that turned out great ( I thought). And a raspberry chocolate cream cake that turned out alright. I didn't get pics of it though which I'm kicking myself for because every time I asked Maya what she wanted for her birthday she told me a cow candle. I found one on e bay. It was cute.  My SIL found this cardboard cottage  I set up for the kids to paint.  It entertained them for hours! I highly recommend it for a party or craft day! I used Melissa and Doug washable paints which surprisingly washed off the cement (thank god!) pretty easily.
 Maya had a great time. She was really into it this year. The pics of her are before and after the party. If you look closer at the tu tu picture you'll notice a piece of velcro sushi hanging from it.

3 comments:

RedSpiral said...

Happy Happy birthday, sweet beautiful, smart funny girl! Sorry I didn't call, I totally spaced it even though it's on my calendar and I knew it was coming... was gone all weekend at a seminar to learn about starting a co-op and then had a meeting yesterday at hte house. So forgive me sweet girl, I promise not to forget next year. :D

Espi, Lisa and Isabella said...

Happy 3rd Birthday!! Great idea about the cabin - paint parties are always such a crowd pleaser - we feel the same way about sidewalk chalk too :P

Jen said...

Happy Birthday big girl!! Wow time flies, huh? Sounds like a great day. The cupcakes look so yummy!