Friday, April 4, 2008

Catch up



 Well, my niece from Washington came down for a week. Though it was fun I feel like I didn't get anything done. And I'm not quite sure what all needed to be done but I feel like I played for a week instead of....ummmm.....cleaning? Paying bills? Is that all I do? 
 Let's see. My niece is 15 and soo easy going. Anything we did was fine with her. She was happy just to be in the sun. It snowed up there just before she came!
 So I took her to the zoo, Old Town, the mall, OB, PB, and MB. She did a little shopping but only bought things that went towards a cause. Mostly endangered species and wildlife. That sort of thing. She also mentioned to me that she didn't like to watch movies with animal scenes. Also, she took her name off of Victoria's Secret's mailing list because the models were modeling with real fur rugs. She even called them to see if the rugs were real or not. She definitely shocked me. I told her that most everything in our house (except maybe some shoes) was cruelty free and not tested on animals. She thought that was really cool.  
 When she first got here she asked if the fruit was real. Funny. I made breakfast and dinner every night for us but showed her our favorite restaurants for lunch.  She wanted real Mexican food but only ever orders rice and beans. I took her out for sushi and she only had rice and terriaki sauce. I ordered her a miso soup to try but she said it tasted like fish and gave it to Maya. I tried. I'm glad she ate all the food I cooked.
 I only posted a couple pics from the Zoo that I took. I didn't get very many. 
  

No comments: