Sunday, July 6, 2008

Balcony Garden II






 Wow. I gotta say I'm pretty impressed with how our garden is flourishing. We've got 3 or 4 squash growing so far on the plant, strawberries that I didn't think had a chance, beautiful growing sunflowers, a bean stalk with something other then a leaf growing on it, and of course the booming tomatoes. Maya and daddy brought in a lady bug a couple weeks ago and it flew right to the strawberries where it has been feasting on aphids since. Thank you lady. Seriously, there's only one!
 This is my first time growing anything! So I'm out there everyday watching everything transform. I had to get rid of a couple things like the chard and cilantro. And replanted the butter lettuce and a couple tomato plants outside. We will see how they do. My neighbor in the same complex is growing tons of tomatoes, bell peppers, and eggplants. Not too sure if they are all organic like mine though! :)
 Maya also loves to go out there to dance.  It's her tomato and flower dance. It's probably what's keeping all of it alive.  Thanks baby!
 

No comments: