Friday, July 25, 2008

Today's pickings


 The strawberries don't grow any bigger then this and they are super soft and white inside. So I wonder if they need their own pot (they are in with the ficus) or if it's because it's their first year. 
They are however very sweet and smell so good.
 The beans are growing well. I haven't tasted them yet. I'm gonna let the next ones get a little bigger before I pick them. 
Tomatoes are great. We pick one every other day from the bigger plant. As for the heirloom there is another growing, I picked this golden one a couple days ago. Soo good.  But so few. What's up?

1 comment:

R(k) said...

Our berries are small, too, both the ones we grew and those we got from the local farm.

You might be able to get bigger tomatoes by pruning some of the flowers or smaller tiny tomatoes. It works with other viney veggies, can't see why not with these.