Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Sea World



 Yes, we did just about everything a tourist would. But that's what the kid wanted. I'm happy to know that the majority of the animals at Seaworld  were born there. I think that's better. Isn't it?Not so cruel, right? Anyways it was amazing to see a dolphin do a twisty, flipping move. I mean how on earth do you train a dolphin to flip and twist so many times in the air? And what was even more amazing was how gentle the trainers were with the killer whales.  I tell you that show almost put me in tears.  If I remember right it was Mama "Shamu", big brother, and baby sister (3 years old). Maya got a kick out of that. The whale being as old as she is.  And they were all born right there.  
 We did just about everything there. One of my favorites besides the shows was walking into the fresh water aquarium and seeing the purana's just like that. Not moving an inch. Waiting for something to .... well ... attack? Are they really waiting to eat? Crazy. 

1 comment:

R(k) said...

SeaWorld! Do they still have that pool where you can pet and feed dolphins and pilot whales?