Saturday, May 31, 2008

Where's the love?



 Apparently it's in the cake I made.
Maya and I went to the park and a child had left their slice of cake lying by the swings. Boy was she eyeballing that thing! I told her we would make our own cake at home. It's a gluten free chocolate cake from the VCTOTW cupcake recipe. It turned out pretty good. More brownie like which pleased me even more. I put hazelnut extract in it instead of almond to give it a bit more of a nutty kick. I have never decorated a cake so I thought I would play around a bit. I also happened to have blue food coloring which was the color of the frosting on the slice at the park.
Maya's quite pleased.  The heart in the center was her idea.

8 comments:

lola coca-cola said...

It's gorgeous, what time do you want us to come over and eat it?

Espi, Lisa and Isabella said...

I wish I knew how to decorate like that!!

We're good for Friday! What time does Maya wanna come over to paint?

Jen said...

What a great cake, love the love in the top pic... yum!

Unknown said...

Beautiful! I would have never thought of frosting a cake like that. I always use hazelnut too, love it!
Happy Birthday to both of you.

StarBerry said...

Happy Un-birthday!

RedSpiral said...

I can't believe you've never decorated a cake, that thing is gorgeous!

I'm doing henna and when I see lines like that, I think henna...

When you come up I'll do henna on you if you want! I should be much better at it by then. :D

Unknown said...

I showed Oli and she want a cake just like it!!
A happy day to you!

Elaine said...

Seriously beautiful cake. And I LOVE the shot of the batter... you should add that to the Love Thursday thing they do over at ShutterSisters.com It's really stunning!