Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Ice Skating

  


 Today we went to the UTC mall to go ice skating. Well, Maya's really into ice skating and ballet and Daddy came up with the idea to go to the rink to show her what it was all about. I thought it was a great idea. But Daddy wasn't ice skating. Oh no.  He wanted me to, which I have only been a few times in my life! So I got out there and I managed to make it around the rink a few times. Maya decided she was ready to try so we got her skates on. She was hesitant at first but got out there. Holding on to the side wall of course. She didn't want to leave. We explained to her that we would talk to a coach to see if they could teach her a little. And sure enough. We might drop in on a session tomorrow. I didn't want to take her out on the ice because I didn't want to fall on her! 
Anyways, she was pretty upset that we were leaving and on the way to the car she spotted a choo choo train that made it all better.
I gotta say, I'm pretty excited to go back. I really like the idea of ice skating and if she likes it, it will give ma a chance to practice!

2 comments:

Espi, Lisa and Isabella said...

Does she have her own skates or do they rent them there? How cool - no pun intended :P

Jen said...

How neat!!! What a fun class to take...I wonder if Hannah would be into it.