Thursday, May 8, 2008

Ice Skating Part 2


 So today I decided I would let Maya bring up ice skating to see if she really wanted to go or if it was already forgotten.  Around 1 she asked if we were going ice skating tomorrow. I told her we would have to go today if she wanted to go. She was totally stoked.  I told her that there would be a teacher there to show her how to skate and to hold her hand. She's not too comfortable around people she doesn't know so that was the only thing I was really concerned about. Once we got there we put her skates on (rentals are included with the session) and went right to the ice. There wasn't really an "Ok Maya this is it..." The coach just said hi and off they went.
 She did so good! I was so proud of her. It was one on one with the coach because it was her first time and the coach taught her how to stand and walk on the ice. I couldn't hear anything but Maya was smiling the whole time and shaking her head yes and no. I could see a little fear in her eyes but the coach was so good with her.  So for now we are just going to play it by ear. When she says she wants to go we will drop in on a session instead of signing up for the whole 48! It is a fantastic deal but we'll see.

4 comments:

Espi, Lisa and Isabella said...

Awesome!!! Did you get video too?

StarBerry said...

A little the first day but I'm having trouble posting videos.

Jen said...

That is GREAT!!! Yay Maya!! Watch out Olympics 2014 here she comes!! :)

StarBerry said...

So It's not as great of a deal as I thought. But it's something she likes so we will sign her up.