Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Simple Delights


 After attempting more cupcakes (they didn't turn out) I went down the easy path. Apple crunch is so basic. I had a ton of soft apples that I didn't want to throw away and very little oatmeal so I used a hemp seed crunch cereal. I'm pretty much the only one eating it for some reason. To me it taste very close to apple pie. I bet if I threw some ice cream in with it I would have takers. But (at least for Maya's sake) it's too cold for ice cream. Cupcakes....yummy warm cupcakes. I thought because last batch came out so great that I would get all fancy and try green tea cupcakes. They came out green alright and tasted like green tea too...but I think the batter was too thick. So I'm just going to keep it basic and maybe go fancy with the frosting. We'll see next week.

1 comment:

RedSpiral said...

I made dairy/gluten/soy free muffins with banana, carrot, zucchini, raisins and pecans... two of those in the morning warmed up, YUM!

I love a good crisp, I might have to get some apples and make one.