Thursday, February 28, 2008

Fine day



 Today we went to the park to meet up with our playgroup which we don't get to do very often because we have school on Thursdays. Well today there was a field trip to the botanical garden's (I think) so there was only one other Mom there. (It was nice to see you Luci!) And she had been there for awhile and left shortly after we arrived. Maya and I stayed for a couple hours. She found an older friend to play with. She plays more with older kids because they run all over the place and they tell her what to do. Which is fine to a point. I had to step in a couple times for safety reasons. The other girl's mother was concerned that she was being too bossy but I told her that she was just being the leader and Maya really likes to play with older kids. So she was fine and they were having fun.
Oh, Maya and I ran to the car for a minute and as I was there I saw what I thought was another woman step out of her car, so I looked because I thought it might be someone from the playgroup, Well, I was waaaaaay wrong! It was a man in a wig, getting dressed as a hooker! I kid you not! This guy was in a corset, fishnets, and hooker boots. Whoa! At the park! We went back to the playground before I got to see which way he went but his car was still there when we left. I thought seeing an actual hooker (at the beach parking lot, getting paid by her customer) was shocking!
 Anyways, after the park we went to People's co-op and as we were leaving a cashier told us there was a humming bird's nest in one of the tree's in the parking lot with 2 babies in it. So we went to check it out and of course I didn't have my camera.  I had my camera phone but the pictures came out kinda crappy. The branch was no thicker then a broom stick and the nest with the babies inside was smaller then a tennis ball. So cute. I just hope they are safe because they are in the middle of the parking lot! 

2 comments:

Luci said...

HOLY COW!!! I can't believe I missed that! Darn! I wish you would have had your camera for that one....oh yah, and for the baby birds too, but definitely for the...er...guy/gal!;)

Luci said...

oh and p.s. Maya looks sooo much like your hubby!