Friday, February 22, 2008

Friday Dance

 So we started a dance class on Friday mornings and Maya is one of those that won't participate much in the class but will soak everything in and do it later. 
 The class is dance, music and yoga all in one. Really good for her age I think because there's no pressure to perform. We were in our circle today and we all had egg shakers and we were singing Hickety Pickety My Black Hen. The teacher would raise her hand up and we would sing high pitched and she would lower it and we would sing low pitched.
 Well after a few hours of running around after class we came home and the first thing Maya did was sit down and "sing high and sing low" with the hand movements and everything. Then she brought out her drum and was tapping on it singing "te- te- te- te- ta" just like the teacher did in class. Right with the beat.  And now she's actually singing the Hickety Pickety song.
 I'm just so amazed with how much she remembers. I wasn't sure if she liked the class at first but now I can see she's just learning in class and performing at home. Cute stuff. She won't let me video her or take pics though. :( I'll have to sneak them some time I guess.

No comments: